Hello future brides-to-be!
If you’re newly engaged and just totally unsure of where to go next you’re at the right place! Hopefully you’ll find some relief after reading this!
Wear outfits you love!
What to wear
- Something that makes you comfortable – I cannot stress that enough! If you feel uncomfortable you’ll likely see it in your photos!
- Coordinating outfits – NOT matching! – Matching is a little outdated, and coordinating looks so nice! You want something that flows nicely together rather than both of you wearing dark jeans with a black t-shirt for example! Most of my brides do a great job at picking out their outfits, but if you need some help I’m always here! 🙂 However if you both love one sports team and want to wear jersey’s that is the exception!
- Bring more than one outfit! – Following my jersey statement above, I always recommend bringing more than one outfit, typically a dressier outfit, and a more casual one! Also if you can’t decide on just one casual outfit you can bring two! 🙂 We can make time!! But prioritize your outfit choices, we may not always get into the last one!
What not to wear
- Logos with large logos or words – this can be distracting for your images, and it also takes the focus off of you – and your fiancé!
- Small patterns – for example the really small plaid shirts, and thin stripes don’t look as good in pictures as they do in person! However if this is a must I can make it work! 🙂
Get your ring cleaned!
- This is important! One of my favorite parts of engagement shoots is I take a few minutes to take some ring shots! I get up close and personal with your ring! Which sometimes shows spots on your ring!
Pick your location
- I love when my couples suggest a location to get their photos done! If theres somewhere that’s important to the two of you it makes your photos mean more to you! <3
Consider getting your hair and/or make-up done!
- If you’re hiring a make-up artist you could get your trial done the same day as your engagement session! 🙂