Hello future brides-to-be!
If you’re newly engaged and just totally unsure of where to go next you’re at the right place! Hopefully you’ll find some relief after reading this!
Wear outfits you love!
- What to wear
- Something that makes you comfortable – I cannot stress that enough! If you feel uncomfortable you’ll likely see it in your photos!
- Coordinating outfits – NOT matching! – Matching is a little outdated, and coordinating looks so nice! You want something that flows nicely together rather than both of you wearing dark jeans with a black t-shirt for example! Most of my brides do a great job at picking out their outfits, but if you need some help I’m always here! 🙂 However if you both love one sports team and want to wear jersey’s that is the exception!
- Bring more than one outfit! – Following my jersey statement above, I always recommend bringing more than one outfit, typically a dressier outfit, and a more casual one! Also if you can’t decide on just one casual outfit you can bring two! 🙂 We can make time!! But prioritize your outfit choices, we may not always get into the last one!
- What not to wear
- Logos with large logos or words – this can be distracting for your images, and it also takes the focus off of you – and your fiancé!
- Small patterns – for example the really small plaid shirts, and thin stripes don’t look as good in pictures as they do in person! However if this is a must I can make it work! 🙂
- What to wear
Get your ring cleaned!
- This is important! One of my favorite parts of engagement shoots is I take a few minutes to take some ring shots! I get up close and personal with your ring! Which sometimes shows spots on your ring!
Pick your location
- I love when my couples suggest a location to get their photos done! If theres somewhere that’s important to the two of you it makes your photos mean more to you! <3
Consider getting your hair and/or make-up done!
- If you’re hiring a make-up artist you could get your trial done the same day as your engagement session! 🙂